Eclipse Community Awards nomination is open for last 10 days. The awards will be presented on March 5, 2007 at EclipseCon 2007. The Eclipse Community Awards are to recognize and thank the individuals and technologies that make Eclipse such a vibrant robust community.
Here is the latest list of Individial Award nominees with a few remarks.
- Konstantin Scheglov (Creator of Eclipse Profiler, Creator of SWT Designer, Swing Designer & GWT Designer)
- Benjamin Muskalla (Less than a year ago Benjamin knew little of Eclipse and Java and now is very active patch contributor, anchor of the #eclipse and #eclipse-dev IRC channels)
- Philippe Ombredanne (Lead and coordinator of Eclipse projects at Google Summer of Code 2006, creator of EasyEclipse and active contributor to other projects. According to Wikipedia, coordinator is genetically engineered human from the Cosmic Era timeline of the Gundam fictional universe)
- Paul Webster (IRC hero! Knows Everything!)
- Ed Merks (Just read the EMF newsgroup and see how much Ed has contributed!)
- Rich Kulp (supporting the Visual Editor project and it's newsgroups)
- Veronika Irvine (SWT community)
- David Michonneau (BIRT project - reporting system integrating with Java/J2EE applications)
- Eugene Kuleshov (Mylar genius)
- Mik Kersten (Mylar genius)
- Chris Aniszczyk (National treasure and active committer who writes/blogs/speaks about GEF, EMF, PDE, RCP, Eclipse Corner / Web Infrastructure)
- Eric Clayberg (Co-Author of "Eclipse: Building Commercial Quality Plug-ins", project lead for WindowBuilder Pro and CodePro)
- Alex Blewitt (blog, editor of EclipseZone)
ECLIPSE IS YOU
Every single nominee deserves the award. They know how to reach out and make Europa (eclipse 2007 release train) a better place to Code! At least the ones I've been talking to :)
It's a shame to nominate just one for these position but better one than noone.